Why have we created these guidelines and what is their scope?
- To help activate our employees to use social media in a positive manner to build their personal brands and act as ambassadors for Hungry Caterpillar Day Nurseries Ltd.
- To create a sandbox for participation on social media; and to reduce the risk of damaging the Hungry Caterpillar Day Nurseries Ltd. brand.
- These guidelines cover the personal use of social media channels by Hungry Caterpillar Day Nurseries Ltd. employees, including but not limited to: social networks like Facebook, LinkedIn and blogs like WordPress, Blogger and Tumblr; microblogs like Twitter and Weibos; forums + wikis like Wikipedia; video sharing sites like YouTube and Youku, and photo sharing site like Flickr.
Employees as Hungry Caterpillar Day Nurseries Ltd. ambassadors
- We wholeheartedly encourage employees, as representatives of Hungry Caterpillar Day Nurseries Ltd., to use social media as a way to connect our brand – and when appropriate our clients’ brands – with stakeholders and influencers in the online space.
- Even when you are using your personal social media accounts, clients and others see you as if you are representing Hungry Caterpillar Day Nurseries Ltd., so we encourage you to always be professional and positive on social media.
- We encourage you to link to posts and articles about communications trends, data, case studies, scenarios, quotes, anecdotes and personal observations, and build a personal brand. Wherever possible, link to graphs, slide decks, photos, videos or screenshots to add visual appeal. Do respect copyright and do link back to the source.
- We trust you to always use good judgment. We ask that you don’t share any Hungry Caterpillar Day Nurseries Ltd. or client confidential data. The best guideline is: never share something on social media that you wouldn’t share with a journalist on email. In all cases, we expect you to respect the confidentiality agreement you have signed with Hungry Caterpillar Day Nurseries Ltd.
- We would ask that for work-related matters, please focus on those that are within your particular area of job responsibility. When you do talk about work directly, be human, and interesting. Try to add value and create positive energy, instead of endlessly being negative. Your tone should be personal and conversational — as if you are talking to an office colleague, not as if you are writing a press release. Be yourself. You rock.
- As a Hungry Caterpillar Day Nurseries Ltd. employee, and not an official spokesperson, consider clarifying in any blog posts or tweets that the views expressed in your postings are your own, or link to a post on the Hungry Caterpillar Day Nurseries Ltd. blog or social media profiles to add context.
Talking about Hungry Caterpillar Day Nurseries Ltd.
- We encourage you to have your own opinions and points of view. However, working at Hungry Caterpillar Day Nurseries Ltd. means that every brand is a present or potential client. So, we would ask you to avoid engaging in any negative or controversial brand-related conversations on social media and focus on the positives. Specifically, we would ask you not to comment on an issue or crisis of any kind in which a Hungry Caterpillar Day Nurseries Ltd. child/parent is involved.