Where children grow their wings and learn to fly
Normal working hours: 15 hours per week – Between 10am to 2pm, depending on the needs of the business
- To cover where necessary, in order to allow staff members to complete relevant paperwork and to cover lunch breaks.
- To assist with the lunch time set up in which ever room you are working in that day.
- To assist with the serving of lunch and dessert to all rooms.
- To supervise and support the children during lunch time.
- To be responsible/assist with the cleaning of the tables, chairs and floors after lunch in all rooms as well as the washing of dishes, bibs and cutlery.
- To assist with hand washing and cleaning up of children in preparation for sleep or quiet time.
- To assist with re setting the room for afternoon activities.
- To assist with the set up of sleep mats (as directed).
- Look upon the nursery as a ‘whole’. Be flexible within your working practises and be constantly aware of the changing needs of the children and nursery.
- To carry out any other duties when required.
It is the nature of working in a nursery that tasks and responsibilities are on occasion unpredictable and varied, so to retain flexibility this job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties discussed and directed by the Nursery Manager.
- Current food Hygiene certificate.
- Good communication skills.
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Commitment to working with young children and families.
- Friendly and flexible approach at work which facilitates the development of effective relationships.
- Current first aid certificate
- Relevant child care qualification
- Some experience of working with young children.
Hours: 15/20 hours per week, more hours may be available around the needs of the business
Salary range: Dependant of Qualification and Experience
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.