Where children grow their wings and learn to fly
To support the nursery manager with the day to day logistics of administration of running the nursery office (telephone, post, email, show rounds, deliveries, admin etc )
- Front of house – answer the door buzzer in a timely manner and checking ID of all visitors ensuring safety of the children.
- Answering the telephone in a timely and professional manner, taking messages and checking answerphone for messages.
- Dealing with telephone inquiries for marketing, booking appointments for parents and conducting show rounds when needed.
- Signing for deliveries and ensuring that the front of house is kept tidy, deliveries are packed away and not left in corridor.
- Liaising with the head office HR Advisor to book in interviews for staff.
- Opening of post, stamping received and distribution (scanning/posting documents to head office personnel where needed.
- Registering children onto the finance system
- Processing orders
- Photocopying, filing, general office duties as directed by the Nursery Manager
It is the nature of working in a nursery that tasks and responsibilities are on occasion unpredictable and varied, so to retain flexibility this job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties discussed and directed by the Manager/DCO.
- Excellent, confident telephone manner
- Well presented
- Willingness to learn and assist with a range of duties
- Good communication skills with children and adults.
- Commitment to equal opportunities.
- Commitment to working effectively with young children and families.
- Friendly and flexible approach at work which facilitates the development of effective relationships.
- Willingness to undertake further training.
- Current First Aid at Work qualification.
- Previous experience of working in a nursery setting
Terms and conditions
Hours: 15-20 hours per week, Monday to Friday
(working days to be agreed by Nursery Manager)
Salary range: Starting from £9.00
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.