Senior Quality Manager
Hungry Caterpillar Day Nurseries
BA Hons Childcare and Education
What are your previous roles in the childcare industry
- Before joining Hungry Caterpillar I was an Ofsted Early Years inspector for a considerable length of time which I feel has equipped me with a thorough and in-depth knowledge and understanding of what is needed to provide children with a rich, nurturing, caring and secure environment. I have been able to put this into practice by now supporting Hungry Caterpillar nursery managers review and extend their monthly curriculum to ensure children can experience rewarding and exciting challenges.
- I joined Hungry Caterpillar in 2013 as Nursery Manager at West Ealing Nursery. I was nursery manager for 3 years which I have always longed to do as I am extremely passionate about children being cared for in a high quality enabling and supportive environment and I loved Hungry Caterpillar’s vision of supporting children in reaching their full potential.
What does the role of a Quality Manager include
- I was extremely excited to be offered the opportunity to lead on Quality for all 10 Hungry Caterpillar Day Nurseries in January 2017.
- My role now includes leading our curriculum working group made up of the management team, with termly meetings. We have also developed a planning guide for each nursery to further support staff in planning exciting and new activities, We have created CDs with a selection of music from around the world and stories read by our talented staff team in different home languages.
How do you put your Ofsted knowledge and experience into practice
- One of my main focuses has been supporting nurseries in preparation for their Ofsted Inspections.
- I have been helping managers complete their self evaluation forms, encouraging them to evaluate and assess the strengths and areas for development in their practices and environments, in order to improve outcomes for all children.
- I have also been able to assess each staff members’ knowledge and understanding of their role in Safeguarding children and how they promote learning and development through the monthly educational curriculum.
How has your new role benefitted Hungry Caterpillar Day Nurseries
- I have been supporting all nurseries in my new role since January 2017 and am very proud of our Perivale Day Nursery on achieving Ofsted Outstanding in August 2017. Following the outstanding grading, I was able to develop a checklist for all nurseries to ensure they have all necessary documentation for their Ofsted visits so they are organised and prepared which reflects on the inspection outcome.