The children at Hungry Caterpillar Day Nurseries have been taking part in lots of creative play this month including, playing in the snow, making pancakes, decorating valentines cards, learning a new language and creating new inventions!
The children at Acton were very excited to see that some snow had fallen during the night and they could not wait to get outside and explore. The children collected the snow and brought some inside and watched to see what happened.
Acton Park Nursery
The children really enjoyed making their own tea and choosing their toppings.
Jessica – ‘I like cheese’ Carla – ‘I don’t like those’ (points at the peppers), Channice (Staff) – ‘When you’ve made your pizza bread where do we have to put it before we eat it?’ Hina (Staff) – ‘Monroe you have to have a special pizza without cheese, but do you want some peppers?’ Monroe – ‘I want peppers’
Valentines at ‘The Ritz’ at Hathaway
The parents really enjoyed their evening, here’s what they said:
“I just wanted to place in writing a big thank you to everyone at Hathaway involved in our valentine winners dinner back on the 12th February’.A lot of thought had gone into the planning of the event. The food was great (thanks Manprit). Lisa R served the food well and thanks to Ella for looking after Joshua.It was nice to meet parents who have just started on their child’s hungry caterpillars adventure. The two gifts given to us just topped the whole evening off superbly.
Joshua has only six months left at Hathaway so suggest next Valentines is too long to wait to have another competition. Why not St George’s Day and fish and chips possibly?” Christopher Johnson
Book of the month
The children at Northolt have a book of the month and they are role playing this and making the story come to life by painting, role play in the corner and reading the story to their friends. The story of the month is Handas Surprise.
The children have also been trying lots of new fruits at snack time like Mango, Guava, Blueberries, Raspberries, Avocado and Strawberries. Quotes…
“I am making apples and pears”
“I need to use the red for my red apple”
“We need to make fruit from Handas Surprise”
“The monkey eats the Banana”
This month at the Northwood nursery the children have been learning French and have been saying the colours in French rouge, bleu etc…
We also have a French board and children went to France and saw the Eifel Tower and help make it.
We would also like to thank all parents for their support throughout the move, the children are really enjoying getting involved and helping us packing up toys and we have created books with photos of our new temporary location!”
Stanburn Pre-School had great fun hosting a cake sale for our chosen charity, Great Ormond Street Hospital. Our parents were very involved in this event by baking delicious cakes even our mothers who were not confident bakers produced delicious cake. We managed to raise £42.40!
Thank you and well done to all who contributed.
West Twyford Nursery
Staff Training Day
All staff had attended.
The staff members found the training day really helpful, here’s what they said –
“A lot of new information was included”
“The information was really good and related to the setting”
“The training day was very informative”
70% of the staff felt that the training was excellent and the other 30% felt that it was good.
On the 13th February, the children at Yeading nursery celebrated Valentines Day in style by dressing up in onesies and the staff wore red!
All Staff and Parents each donated £1 for dressing up which goes to our chosen charity, Great Ormond Street Hospital. We also done fun activities like making heart shaped biscuits and valentines cards for our family and friends!
One child who wrote Daddy a Valentines card said “My Daddy is special but I love my Mummy & Daddy”. Another child was very excited to dress up in her favourite onesie said “I wore my onesie, it had Rapunzel on it and was pink and purple because it was valentines”
Warrender After School Club